Wiki Postpartum Care only - Diagnosis Code

CrysLednum

Guru
Best answers
Hello!

New to OB/GYN, so I apologize if this has been addressed before.

Provider sees patient for postpartum care only. Patient six weeks out from C-section.

Provider billed 99202 with V24.2.

I was under the impression that if it was postpartum care only, it would be 59430 and V24.2.

Is this correct?

Thanks!

Crystal

You are correct! Although billing the office visit with the postpartum care code is not totally incorrect. The provider might get a better reimbursement if they billed the Postpartum care CPT code.

Hello all,

I have also going through the similar kind of case, but the patient is billed with 59515 for the C-SECTION and now with post-partum care, since this CPT includes postpartum care, we have not coded and stated as inclusive study. Is this correct?

Regards
DP

Hello all,

I have also going through the similar kind of case, but the patient is billed with 59515 for the C-SECTION and now with post-partum care, since this CPT includes postpartum care, we have not coded and stated as inclusive study. Is this correct?

Regards
DP

Correct. If you bill the delivery code that includes postpartum care, then the postpartum care is included in what you have already billed.