Wiki Post-ECV Symptoms

dbolivar1

Networker
Best answers
Hello,

I'm needing help which dx to use for a post- ECV cramping for 1.5days. For the management management should I use Z71.9-Counseling.

23 year old female at 37wk4d presenting today for uterine cramping 1.5 days after ECV.

#post-ECV cramping, early term pregnancy
- cyclobenzaprine 5-10 mg qHS PRN
- continue APAP 500-650 mg q6H
- reassured patient that her cramping should improve

- strict return precautions discussed, return to OBT for worsening or focality

#Pain management:
- Patient was counseled on her options for pain management.
- Pain management: plans for epidural

Thank you in advance!

Hello,

I'm needing help which dx to use for a post- ECV cramping for 1.5days. For the management management should I use Z71.9-Counseling.

23 year old female at 37wk4d presenting today for uterine cramping 1.5 days after ECV.

#post-ECV cramping, early term pregnancy
- cyclobenzaprine 5-10 mg qHS PRN

- continue APAP 500-650 mg q6H
- reassured patient that her cramping should improve
- strict return precautions discussed, return to OBT for worsening or focality

#Pain management:
- Patient was counseled on her options for pain management.
- Pain management: plans for epidural

Thank you in advance!
Personally, I would not bill for this encounter at all. She is post external cephalic version and cramping is a frequent after effect to this procedure. The issue of pain management and the epidural would seem to be related to her anesthesia when she delivers, not for the cramping and this is clearly part of OB care. Just my take. In any case, if you decide to bill anyway, I would not report this visit with Z71.9, but maybe an R10 code for unspecified pain as the pain is not related to delivery or labor, but rather the result of manipulating the baby.

Personally, I would not bill for this encounter at all. She is post external cephalic version and cramping is a frequent after effect to this procedure. The issue of pain management and the epidural would seem to be related to her anesthesia when she delivers, not for the cramping and this is clearly part of OB care. Just my take. In any case, if you decide to bill anyway, I would not report this visit with Z71.9, but maybe an R10 code for unspecified pain as the pain is not related to delivery or labor, but rather the result of manipulating the baby.
Thank you!