Wiki Pos 22 and getting 82948 paid

K22B

Best answers
Hi Everyone,

Hoping someone can direct me in the right direction. We are a free standing clinic and use POS 22. We just recently changed our POS from 11 to 22. Our Medicare claims are still billed on 1500 forms. My question is how do we get our vaccines and glucose testing paid?? They used to pay us but now since the change of POS they bundled it and pay 0 on the tests and shots. Is there a modifier that can be used to have them paid?? They do not accept the 26 modifier. Any suggestions???

when I worked with a clinic that changed to an outpatient facility POS 22 we had to change the billing for certain things to a UB-04. You bill just like an outpatient clinic in a hospital then using revenue codes. But I guess the question is why did your POS change from 11 to 22? That will help answer the question you have.

Thank you for responding back. We went back and forth of really what our facility fell under. We had so many conflicting answers as far as billing as 11 or 22. After extensive review and understanding what the difference between 11, 22 and 49 POS were, we then agreed that our facility is POS 22. I, too agree that the billing should be done on a UB04. Would that be correct eventhough we do not bill part A Medicare. We only bill Part B??? Any input would be appreciated.