Wiki POS 15

Best answers
Hi there, I'm hoping someone can help me out with a dilemma that I am having regarding POS 15 vs 11. I have a Chiropractor that has an office where he see his patients, but he also takes a mobile unit to an office building and see patients them there. These patients are also seen in our office. Now I feel like I might be confused with the wording on the Special Considerations for POS code 15 stating " if the mobile unit is serving an entity "our office" for which another code exists, providers should use the POS code for that entity". So for those visits would we use code 11 or 15?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Hi, the mobile unit is serving an office building (that is the entity). I think POS 18 better describes this scenario. POS 18 states A location, not described by any other POS code, owned or operated by a public or private entity where the patient is employed, and where a health professional provides on-going or episodic occupational medical, therapeutic or rehabilitative services to the individual.

So he is not working for the company he just has several employees that come and see him so he takes his mobile office and parks it in the parking lot and the employees come on their lunch break to be adjusted.