Wiki please help!

lypece

New
Best answers
We have parents that come in to the office to get the WIC forms filled out, wt, ht, & temp. are taken, Dr. sign the form. They come in every 3 mos. Documentation in chart reads:
patient here for WIC form filled out, Dr. available for patient. How do I code this?:confused: please any advice will be really appreciated.
Elizabeth

We have parents that come in to the office to get the WIC forms filled out, wt, ht, & temp. are taken, Dr. sign the form. They come in every 3 mos. Documentation in chart reads:
patient here for WIC form filled out, Dr. available for patient. How do I code this?:confused: please any advice will be really appreciated.
Elizabeth

First of all, WIC usually falls under Medicaid, so you should probably check with your state's Health & Human Services Commission, to find billing instructions.

Unless the doctor examines the patient personally, and documents it appropriately, I would advise against billing an E/M code - in my opinion, the exam given doesn't meet the definition of the preventive E/M codes, and without a chief complaint, it's not really problem-oriented, either.

You may be able to report 99211, but the best bet would probably be 99080, if you're able to bill it, with modifier 32, to show that it's mandated. Your best diagnosis would probably be V70.3. Hope that helps! ;)