Wiki Please help!

taurus7694

Networker
Best answers
I need help coding the following surgery:
Prodedure: 1) Arthroscopic inferior pole of the patella avulsion resection 2) Arthroscopic extensive debridement of the patella tendon 3) injection of platelet-rich plasma harvested from the patient preoperatively into the patella tendon.

The patella avulsion fracture was contained within the substance of patella tendon. An arthroscopic shaver was used to debride the tenosynovitic undersurface of the patella tendon.

An arthroscopic bur was used to resect the inferior pole of the patella avulsion fracture. Near complete removal of the bony fragments was documented under C-arm fluoroscopy.

The portal sites were injected with 20 ml of marcaine and the patella tendon was injected with 5 ml of platelet-rich plasma which had been obtained from the patient's whole blood, spun down in the serum and injected under sterile conditions.

**I am really stuck on an arthroscopic code to use for this surgery...and if I need to use the unlisted code, which open procedure should I use as a reference when submitting the unlisted code? **

Also, can the injection of platelet-rich plasma be billed out seperately??

I'll look around at the arthroscopic codes, but I do know that the PRP is NOT separately billable when done with another surgical procedure.

~Kirsten, CPC