Wiki Please help - I am new to Cardiology coding

bridie25

Networker
Best answers
I am new to Cardiology coding and I am trying to get this right so that my manager does not have to audit me.

here is the scenario

An Impella heart assist device was inserted

Coronary artery angioplasty of the Saphenous vein graft to the left anterior descending

coronary angioplasty of the eight coronary artery

coronary angiogram

left heart cath

left ventriculogram

I know the left heart cath, coronary angio and ventriulgram go together but do I use 93458 or 93459

for the angioplasties I was thinking 92920-LD and 92920-RC but can I do two units of 92920 because 92921 is for each additional branch

finally the Impella 33990 should I code this?

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks
Brianna

I am new to Cardiology coding and I am trying to get this right so that my manager does not have to audit me.

here is the scenario

An Impella heart assist device was inserted

Coronary artery angioplasty of the Saphenous vein graft to the left anterior descending

coronary angioplasty of the eight coronary artery

coronary angiogram

left heart cath

left ventriculogram

I know the left heart cath, coronary angio and ventriulgram go together but do I use 93458 or 93459

for the angioplasties I was thinking 92920-LD and 92920-RC but can I do two units of 92920 because 92921 is for each additional branch

finally the Impella 33990 should I code this?

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks
Brianna

In looking at what you posted I don't want to assume. Do you have official report.

LHC +coronary angio+ LV is the 93458 However if appears there was a angio of a graft as well so that would be 93459 instead. But you do not have that listed in the procedures so I would review the op report.

You can code 92920 LD and 92920RC as these are initial angioplasties to main vessels not an additional branch. ( Branches are diagonals (LAD), obtuse marginial (Circ) , PLV PLA (RCA)