Wiki Please help...confused. Resuturing of the wound

Best answers
POSTPROCEDURE DIAGNOSIS: Possible suture extrusion from the previously placed pacer site.

PROCEDURE: Resuturing of the wound with removal of the silk suture under strict antiseptic condition.

DESCRIPTION OF THE PROCEDURE: The left sided skin is draped and prepped in standard manner. The superficial part of this pacemaker pocket is opened. There does not appear to be any infection. The patient had a suture, which was placed deep subcuticular, which was removed and sent for culture along with the surronding tissue. Then the subcuticular tissue was closed by 2-0 Vicryl. Skin is closed by Dermabond.

CONCLUSION: Successful suture removal and resuturing of the pacemaker site. This is almost 6 months after the pacemaker. (No longer in the global period)

I disagree with 33222, the pocket itself was not revised or moved...it was only opened and checked for infections. I think wound closure codes would be more appropriate

Yes Jeremy I agree if the pacer wasn't removed to check the pocket for infection. I was reading as the pacer was removed, pocket checked deep suture removed. :)