Wiki Placement of temporary dialysis catheter

Best answers
Procedure: Placement of temporary dialysis catheter

Summary: Patient is massively obese, there is no way I can go through her groin. She has a Port-A-Cath in her left chest. On the right side she has an old Cordis catheter which was used to introduce a Swan-Ganz, so what I did was removed the suture and placed a wire through the Cordis and removed the Cordis. Then dilator was placed over the wire and the triple lumen dialysis catheter placed over the wire and the wire removed.

Can someone help me with a CPT for this, please?

I would say 36569 BUT, there is no documentation of final placement, weather US was used and keep in mind 36569 is age based.
I dont like the skimpy dictation on this.

I'm leaning towards 36556 since peripheral insertion usually includes basilic or cephalic insertion; the documentation is vague with respect to catheter tip/termination.

CPT 36556 is placed into the large vein in the neck (internal jugular vein ), chest (subclavian vein or axillary vein) or groin (femoral vein). A non-tunneled central catheters called Quinton catheters are generally used for temporary access for dialysis or infusion of medicine when peripheral IV access is not possible. Non-tunneled catheters are percutaneously inserted for short-term (five to seven days) use; to infuse meds, fluids, blood products and parenteral nutrition; and to take blood draws.