Wiki Place of Service??

Best answers
I'm having a bit of a hard time trying to figure out what place of service goes with what E/M code(s).

For example: 99374, is that POS 31, 32, 34??

Is there a site, or a list some where that I can look at that will provide me a break down of what POS to put with each E/M code??

Thank you all!!:eek:

Ugh

:confused:I'm using Lytec billing software and I'm setting up the billing for a new doctor.... and the transaction code set up screen is asking for a place of service, for EACH set up of each code I put in.... So it wants a automatic default POS code...

How awful! How will you then keep them from making the wrong selection? I Have no other suggestions to help, since the POS is totally dependent on what the provider documents as to the place of the encounter. I would not assign a default, because if you are incorrect then Mcare will deny for incorrect POS since they know where the patient is.

many E&Ms are specific to POS

Many E&M codes are for a specific POS, though some can be for more than one. For example, 99213 could be 22 or 11. I believe your code, 99374, would be 11, because it is a management thing, with no direct contact with the patient, so presumably the doctor does this in the office.

For a code that can be at more than one POS, can you create two versions, like one 99213 with POS 11 and another with POS 22?