Wiki Place Of Service

jbaader

Best answers
I have a basis billing/coding 101 question-I work for a urologist who thinks that the POS for any and all pick up/take home druges that are administered at home should be 11 for the office. I disagree and should be 12 for home. Who is correct?

I am not sure I understand tthe question, a doctors office, that has no license to dispense drugs, cannot bill for drugs they send home with the patient, if the patient is administering those drugs in their home the office cannot charge for that. If your physician is going to the patient home and administering medications then this must be billed with a 12.

The office is sending the pt home with Glukor, testoserone and/or Trimex to be administered at home. The physician/nurse/pa is not going to the pts home to inject the drugs.

you cannot charge for this. without a dispensing license you cannot bill for the drugs. Your license allows you to administer drugs not dispense. If the patient needs drugs to take home you give a script and let them pick up from the pharm.