Wiki Place of service

enjoycoding

Best answers
I work for a pediatirc practice whose providers are occupational, physical, and speech therapists. Patients are generally seen in the office, daycare, and in the home. We have used POS 11 for service provided in the daycare, POS 12 for services in the home. Recently we switched software and were told by their staff that we should use POS 3 for services provided in the daycare. Medicare's description of POS 3 is "a facility whose primary purpose is education". The dictionary describes a daycare as "provision of daytime training, supervision, recreation, and often medical services for children....". Based on that definition, a daycare does not meet POS 3 criteria. Thank you for clarity and suggestion of a source that I might reference to share with employer, who now questions POS 11 to indicate service provided in daycare.

I have looked at POS for freestanding rehab clinics and I honestly think 49 is a better fit than 11 for your office services. This may also work for the daycare, I am not sure on that.