Wiki Pilar CPC.

Best answers
My concern is how code personal history of malignant neoplasm, ICD-9 guideline states" when a primary malignancy has been previously excised or eradicated from its site and there is no further treatment directed to that site and there is no evidence of any existing primary ,malignancy, a code from category V10, Personal history of malignancy neoplasm, should be used to indicate the former site of the malignancy, for me is clear, you code Hx when is not malignancy at all, now and I am studying Home Health ICD-9 Diagnosis Coding, in the Scenario 11 " patient is admitted to home care for aftercare following a mastectomy due to a malignant neoplasm of the lower-inner of her right breast, including monitoring drainage from her JP drain" I code V58.42, 174.3 and V58.49 and in the answer book I found V58.42, 174.3, V10.3, and V45.71, can I code history of neoplasm when the neoplasm is excised only? or have to wait for not further treatment, and there is no evidence of any existing primary malignancy, this scenario get me confused. Could someone help me. thank youu.
:confused:

For the above mentioned scenario you dont need to add both current and history code for a condition, only 174.3 needed, because the patient coming for aftercare of mastectomy, which means currently under treatment. V10.3 not necessary.

Thara L CPC H