Wiki PICC w/Ultrasound

randiroyder

Networker
Best answers
I am looking for some help with the PICC w/ultrasoumd documentation. I work for a large hospitalist group and we have been doing PICC's w/ultrasound for several years. Now someone in HIM is questioning our documentation of the ultrasound. We usually use a template for these procedures. I am looking for some examples of dictation or templates examples to compare to ours. Or some type of documentation on how to document the PICC w/ultrasound. I need to make sure we are doing the documentation properly or change our wording so we are documenting correctly.

I hope I explained what I need. Thanks for all the help,

I am looking for some help with the PICC w/ultrasoumd documentation. I work for a large hospitalist group and we have been doing PICC's w/ultrasound for several years. Now someone in HIM is questioning our documentation of the ultrasound. We usually use a template for these procedures. I am looking for some examples of dictation or templates examples to compare to ours. Or some type of documentation on how to document the PICC w/ultrasound. I need to make sure we are doing the documentation properly or change our wording so we are documenting correctly.

I hope I explained what I need. Thanks for all the help,

First of all, make sure there is a hard copy, or an image sent to a PACS system. In the dictation, there has to be a comment that the vein/artery was evaluated for patiency. Then a comment that a imaged was atken and sent to PACS or a hard copy imaged was taken and put into the chart. Those two things, in my opinion should get you through.

Hope that helps,
Jim Pawloski, CIRCC

Thanks

Jim, thanks for reply. We do have a hard copy template that says both of those and also we do send a copy to PACS for storage.

I feel that we have the correct documentation and that are billing is fine.

Thanks again,