Wiki Physical Therapy Functional Reporting CY 2013

coding4fun

Guru
Best answers
:) I am looking for anyone who would like to share their knowledge on the upcoming Physical Therapy Functional Reporting Implementation for CY 2013. I have read the info which CMS has put on their website (which is vague). I know that I could learn more from networking than reading the CMS printouts. Thanks for any info or advice which you guys can give me.

I would also like to be included in this group. Maybe between all of us, we can get these new changes ironed out quickly. Wish they had a separate section specifically for PT related topics. My email address is bprice@hvc.rr.com

oh....me too, me too, please!! I'd love any helpful suggestions that you could share. My email is tammster26@yahoo.com

I'm confused by the fact that we have to report these codes at least every tenth visit, but the MAC contractor's webinar that I recently attended said claims submitted without the codes...won't be adjudicated. I find that to be contradictory.

PT codes and eval codes

Does anyone know if eval/re-eval codes can be posted on the same DOS with physical therapy codes? Ie: 97001 with appropriate gc odes and 97110, 97140, 97032

Or do the eval and geodes only get reported for that DOS?

oh....me too, me too, please!! I'd love any helpful suggestions that you could share. My email is tammster26@yahoo.com

I'm confused by the fact that we have to report these codes at least every tenth visit, but the MAC contractor's webinar that I recently attended said claims submitted without the codes...won't be adjudicated. I find that to be contradictory.

The way I understand it, if you don't include the G codes on the first submission of the claim, you don't get a 2nd chance to add them. Is that correct?

Does anyone know if eval/re-eval codes can be posted on the same DOS with physical therapy codes? Ie: 97001 with appropriate gc odes and 97110, 97140, 97032

Or do the eval and geodes only get reported for that DOS?

We have been including other codes with our eval/reeval codes and the g codes, and haven't recieved any denials.

PT Functional Reporting

It certainly has been a learning experience for the newly implemented Gcodes for PT but I have had the opportunity to learn alot by trial & error (thank goodness I can fix my own mistakes before they get out of the system). Here is some fun facts that I have learned from the new coding which may be helpful to you guys as well: Gcodes must be implemented at the initial onset of eval, 10th visit & at discharge (only if the pt is present for the discharge). If the pt is not present for the d/c, then you DO NOT have to assign a Gcode. We have also been getting in the habit of assigning the Gcode and completing a PN (progress note) at the same time so that we can not create too much work for us all. There are a ton of helpful hints which I have learned through this process, but all-in-all this is a very good system to insure documentation and verification for the PT/OT/SLP side of billing. Happy coding to all:D