Wiki Physical/Occupational Therapy Billing Help Needed

justme

Best answers
I am considering taking a new client who does PT/OT. Former billing company has thousands in unpaid claims with Medicare.

Does anyone have a superbill or any suggestions that might help? Any comment/suggestions greatly appreciated.

Physical Therapy Billing

Hi Christina,

Practice is run by Internal Medicine doc (husband) and PT is wife.

They bill under practice NPI and tax id.

Current biller does billing for practice, but isn't having any results with PT billing.

PT wife wants me to take over the PT billing with Medicare.

Have just taken a basic course on PT billing (new area for me, but excited) and ordered several coding books on PT.

Do you have any examples of any superbills/forms that are needed for PT billing?

Any tips on PT billing with Medicare would also be great.

I really appreciate your responding to my post. I look forward to hearing from you.

For Medicare:

If she bills a 97002 along w/ reg PT - add a 59 to code
If she bills 97014 - should be G0283
If she bills 97033 - only a few payable diags will work
Once you start getting denials for MAX OUT - rebill w/ mod KX

For all others:

As ususally - will have to verify coverage/if need pre-auths

Are they getting any denials?? What kind of issues are they having??

:cool:

Also look on page 12 of the guidelines number 15... if the reason for the encounter is rehab then the first listed diangosis is required to be a V57.x code. with the reason for rehab listed secondary.

Billing help needed

Billing and Coding… Small business looking for billing and coder help. Must be local to DC, Maryland and Virginia area. Experience a must and willing to work 20+ hours per week. Experience in Clinic Source is a plus but must be experience in billing software. Rate is negotiable.