Wiki Pfsh - Can you tell me

lpyrtle

Contributor
Best answers
Can you tell me if we can allow the wording for Non contributory for PFSH when we are trying to determine the appropriate level? I had read that this is not really accurate information to allow credit for because it's not clear in the documentation whether you asked about PFSH or if you just thought it didn't contribute to the present condition. :rolleyes:

Can you tell me if we can allow the wording for Non contributory for PFSH when we are trying to determine the appropriate level? I had read that this is not really accurate information to allow credit for because it's not clear in the documentation whether you asked about PFSH or if you just thought it didn't contribute to the present condition. :rolleyes:

I attended a Webinar just recently by Highmark Medicare Services and this question was asked repeatedly. The answer is that the statement non-contributory could be used only for the Family History and that it would be acceptable. I don't know who your Medicare carrier is, but you may want to just verify this with them - but Highmard does accept Non-contributory!

Hope this helps! :)

WPS does NOT accept "non-contributory" under Family and/or Social history. Make sure you check with your specific Medicare carrier if it is not HighMark or WPS.

Lisi, CPC