Wiki perm pacemaker upgrade to bivent pacer

monimrtin

Best answers
This is what the doctor is giving me:

Patient was prepped and draped in a sterile fashion. A venogram was performed on the left subclavian vein. The left subclavian was found to be patent. The existing pocker for the pulse generator was exposed using sharp, blunt dissection and electorcautery. The left subclavian was selected and cannulated via use of fluro. A 9.0 Fr. coronary guide catheter was instered over the wire and the coronary sinus cannulate. A venogram balloon was placed in the veing and the target vessel was viewed. The LV lead was instered into the coronary sinus. Sensing and threshold tests were satisfactory. The pocket was revised for the new ALLURE QUAD device.

The leads were connected to the pulse generator. The device was placed into the pocket. The pocket was sutured/dressed using sterile technique and the patients left arm was placed in an arm restraint.

From reading the rest of the chart, I know that the patient has a perm pacemaker and is upgrading to a bivent pacer.

Please someone help me! I have been working on this chart for 2 days now off and on.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Looks like a gen change to multi lead generator with lv lead insertion. We do not code for the venogram of subclavian or the coronary sinus as this are generally for road mapping and part of the procedure.

33229, 33225

Thank you. that is what i came up with this morning. just wanted another opinion outside of the office.