Wiki Peripheral Pressure measurement

cweavercpc

Networker
Best answers
I have a case where the doc performed a pressure measurement across the lesion before deciding to intervene... is this seperately billable?? if so what code?

A portion of the report reads...........

Selective left common femoral artery angiogram was performed to see the left common iliac artery and there was evidence of a lesion in the range of 50-60%. At this time I decided to perform pressure measurement across the lesion. There was evidence of 8mm pressure gradient. I decided to fix it so I could proceed with the case.

Any input would be appreciated!

Thanks,

I have a case where the doc performed a pressure measurement across the lesion before deciding to intervene... is this seperately billable?? if so what code?

A portion of the report reads...........

Selective left common femoral artery angiogram was performed to see the left common iliac artery and there was evidence of a lesion in the range of 50-60%. At this time I decided to perform pressure measurement across the lesion. There was evidence of 8mm pressure gradient. I decided to fix it so I could proceed with the case.

Any input would be appreciated!

Thanks,

There is no code, and if there were it is not separately billable. Pressures are included in all interventional/diagnositc angiographic procedures of which I am aware.

also, how did he "fix it" before he could proceed with the case?

HTH :)

Last edited:
Thanks Danny! I think I am also thinking of the fractional flow done in the coronaries that we bill the 93571 and thought their might be a code for the peripherals. I appreciate your help!