Wiki Peripheral cath

djls51

Best answers
Hi,
I am relatively new to coding cardiology procedures and I am stumped on a cath my provider performed in addition to the left heart cath.
He describes a limited lower abdominal aorta & proximal bilateral iliac angiogram performed to access anatomy compared to a prior angiogram. He also performed a Coronary/Graft IMA with left heart cath.
I am thinking the codes should be 93459-26/59 and 36252-50. Can anyone give me some insight if these codes are correct? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Hi,
I am relatively new to coding cardiology procedures and I am stumped on a cath my provider performed in addition to the left heart cath.
He describes a limited lower abdominal aorta & proximal bilateral iliac angiogram performed to access anatomy compared to a prior angiogram. He also performed a Coronary/Graft IMA with left heart cath.
I am thinking the codes should be 93459-26/59 and 36252-50. Can anyone give me some insight if these codes are correct? Thanks in advance.

36252 is for renal angiography, not iliac, and does not apply in this case.

also, evaluating the "access anatomy" is included in any cath related procedure, and should not be separately reported.

lastly the aortography is generally included with a heart cath, and while there are exceptions, I don't think this is one of them.

So, IMO, all you should code here is 93459-26. You should not need modifier 59.

HTH :)