Wiki Periarticular injections of the hip & knee CPT?

tleasure_@hotmail.com

Contributor
Best answers
Hello
I am looking for an appropriate injection code for periarticular injection in order to prevent post op pain and promote quicker recovery after THA & THA. Currently 20552 has been used and paid up until recently. The insurance is denying stating there is a better code and I dont know what it could be:

The trial components were then removed. The knee was gently irrigated, and then the final implants were impacted into place with full and stable press fit. Once done, I re-evaluated the knee. Performance was unchanged from the trials with full range of motion, anatomic tracking of the patella, and a stable balanced ligamentous exam. No spinout or instability of the poly. The trial polyethylene was removed. The knee was again inspected for loose bodies. It was thoroughly irrigated. The final polyethylene was put into place, the knee reduced and, upon final inspection, had no instability or spinout. The periarticular injection was administered, and the Betadine soak saline solution was used. Following this, a thorough pulsatile lavage irrigation was performed. The tourniquet was let down. Hemostasis was obtained 1 gram of vancomycin was placed deep to the implant, and I turned my attention toward wound closure.