Wiki Percentage of allowed given for Pre-op, Post op and Procedure/Global for Medicare

dusty24

New
Best answers
Looking for a breakdown. I was in a Webinar which of course now I cannot find, can anyone tell me the breakdown as in a percentage of what Medicare pays there physician based on the surgery, i.e. 10% pre-op 10% post op care 80% Procedure/CPT. We are an Orthopaedic group-one surgeon is on Hiatis for a year, the other docs are picking up his patients, which include post ops-I know I cannot bill 55 mod since we are a group-but my manager wants a breakdown to take from that physican to give to the curretn physician for there post care of the patient. Hope this makes sense, any advise here will be appreciated.

According to Encoder Pro, for a 90 day global, it is 10% pre-op, 69% intra-op, and 21% post-op for Medicare, for codes 22595 and 27130. However, when I look up a tissue transfer code (11400), it is 10%, 71%, and 19%.

You would have to check your contracts with other insurance companies to see what their allowances are.

Hope this helps,