Wiki Pediatric Vaccine Administration

drhoads

Guru
Best answers
:confused:Can cpt 90460 be reported more then once per day of service? Our office has been billing this cpt more then once per visit. For example if pt needed to be inoculated against Tdap and MMR we billed cpt 90460 for each vaccine and four units of 90461. I am uncertain if this has changed with the new 2012 cpt codes. Thank you.

nd 90461 can be used multiple times for most insurance companies. However some like Anthem Healthkeepers require that they only be billed once with multiple units.

Last edited:
The AMA issued a corrections document on 12/21/11 stating that 90460 can be reported more than once per date of service, as appropriate. So, you can bill 90460 for each vaccine and 90461 for each additional component of that vaccine if there are more than one. Unfortunately, I don't have the link to the document. I'm sorry.

The AMA issued a corrections document on 12/21/11 stating that 90460 can be reported more than once per date of service, as appropriate. So, you can bill 90460 for each vaccine and 90461 for each additional component of that vaccine if there are more than one. Unfortunately, I don't have the link to the document. I'm sorry.

CPT book has this information in it under 90460 and 90461.

:confused:Can cpt 90460 be reported more then once per day of service? Our office has been billing this cpt more then once per visit. For example if pt needed to be inoculated against Tdap and MMR we billed cpt 90460 for each vaccine and four units of 90461. I am uncertain if this has changed with the new 2012 cpt codes. Thank you.

In the CPT 2012 it states:

90460- Immunization admin thru 18 yrs of age via any route of administration, with counseling by physician or other qualified health care professional; first or only component of each vaccine or toxoid administered.

90461- each additional vaccine or toxoid component adminstered ( List separately in addition to code for primary procedure)