Wiki pci codes

Kcronin1122

Networker
Best answers
Hello,
I am needing help with 2 PCI codes. I am not sure if I should use 92928-LD and 92928-RC or 92928-LD and 92937 RC

LESION UNDERGOING INTERVENTION : PCI TO THE MID-LAD.
1. LESION MODIFIERS: culprit lesion for ACS
2. RESTENOSIS?:no
3. ACCESS: The existing sheath was used for the PCI procedure.
4. GUIDE: Cordis XB4 6F guide catheter was used for intervention.
5. ORAL ANTIPLATELET THERAPY: Aspirin and clopidogrel
6. INTRAVENOUS ANTICOAGULATION DURING PCI: Heparin
7. INTERVENTIONAL WIRE: A Samurai Straight Tip wire was advanced beyond the lesion into the distal vessel.
8. PROCEDURE DETAILS:Balloon angioplasty was performed using a 2.5x20 Emerge MR balloon. After angioplasty, a 3.0x28 Synergy DES was deployed across the lesion. Postdilation of the stent with a 3.25x12 NC Emerge MR balloon.
9. After intervention, the 80% stenoses was reduced to 0% with TIMI-3 flow prior to PCI and TIMI-3 flow after PCI.
LESION UNDERGOING INTERVENTION : PCI TO THE PROXIMAL RCA.
1. LESION MODIFIERS: severe stenosis
2. RESTENOSIS?:no
3. ACCESS: The existing sheath was used for the PCI procedure.
4. GUIDE: Runway JR4 6F guide catheter was used for intervention.
5. ORAL ANTIPLATELET THERAPY: Aspirin and clopidogrel
6. INTRAVENOUS ANTICOAGULATION DURING PCI: Heparin
7. INTERVENTIONAL WIRE: A Samurai wire was advanced beyond the lesion into the distal Vessel.
8. PROCEDURE DETAILS:Balloon angioplasty was performed using a 2.5x20 Emerge MR baloon. After angioplasty, a 3.0x24 Synergy DES was deployed across the lesion. Postdilation of the stent with 3.25x12 NC Emerge MR balloon.
9. After intervention, the 70% stenosis was reduced to 0% with TIMI-3 flow prior to PCI and TIMI-3 flow after PCI.

Thank you

as per the information provided, should be coded to:

92928-LD
92928-RC

as they are doing intervention to 2 major arteries. I would not use 92937 as this is for a revascularization and for a previous CABG, meaning they are working on a vessel that is a graft which is not the case for the above.