Wiki Patella, Exostosis excision

I would need to see a note to determine if I would use 27350. I would not use 27355 as that is for the femur and not the patella.

excison Patella exostosis

Sorry, I have to quit answering these at the end of the day (eye strain), I did not read through to the next line and thought it was the patella since it followed the patellectomy.

Dr. did Irrigation and debride. of knee wound with elevation of skin flap and closure. He then did excision of bony exostosis of patella. Here's an abbreviated portion of the note that discusses the excision of the exostosis: A rongeur was used to remove and scrape the now exposed portion of the patella down to bleeding healthy bone. Small tenotomy scissors was then used to elevate the skin around the incision. There was a small amount of callous formation where the prominence was and this was removed down to a smooth surface with the rongeurs. Do you still think it would be 27350? I wonder if I should just use a G0289 for debridement?

Thanks Mary for all of your help! Do you also code spine in your office? I see you have your COSC and am hoping to ask your opinion on a spine question.

Thanks Mary for all of your help! Do you also code spine in your office? I see you have your COSC and am hoping to ask your opinion on a spine question.

Spine is really not my speciality, I actually try to stay as far from them as possible but have recently taken some educational classes to become more familiar.

With that being said, I am sure if you post your question here under the Ortho section (I would recommend a new post), there are many others on this forum that do a GREAT job of answering spine questions and I'm sure someone can assist.

Mary, CPC,COSC