Wiki Palmetto GBA - Nevada: Update History of present illness

Love Coding!

Expert
Best answers
Hello,

I hope someone can answer this for me. I went onto the Palmetto GBA for Nevada and California. I saw an update on the history of present illness that was dated 6/11/2011, that shows that you can only use the status of 3 chronic or inactive conditions for 1997 guidelines ONLY. Has it always been this way? Or is this something new? This was the first time ever that I saw this new rule...

1995 guidelines vs 1997 guidelines

The 1995 guidelines did NOT include an option to use the status of 3 chronic conditions as HPI. This was introduced with the 1997 guidelines.

SOME carriers, however, allow you to use the 1997 guidelines for the history (i.e. status of 3 chronis conditions), while using 1995 guidelines for your exam.

Apparently your carrier is NOT one of those.

Hope that helps.

F Tessa Bartels, CPC, CEMC

The 1995 guidelines did NOT include an option to use the status of 3 chronic conditions as HPI. This was introduced with the 1997 guidelines.

SOME carriers, however, allow you to use the 1997 guidelines for the history (i.e. status of 3 chronis conditions), while using 1995 guidelines for your exam.

Apparently your carrier is NOT one of those.

Hope that helps.

F Tessa Bartels, CPC, CEMC

Thank you Ms. Bartels for replying, I will carry this to my physicians in Nevada...have a great day!