Wiki Pairing Corns/Callus

Sarahp941

Networker
Best answers
11055-pairing/cutting has description of corns, callus, etc. However, CMS-LCD does not have L84-Callus or L85.9-Epidermal thickening as a compatible dx. It seems to be more like podiatry and foot care, rather than Derm. However, we do a lot of removals of corns, callus, thickening skin, etc., so I am wondering what is the appropriate dx to submit with 11055? Thanks!

I'm not sure what LCD you are looking at but LCD L34199 (Noridian) does list L84 as a supported primary diagnosis. Per this LCD there also needs a secondary diagnosis of pain in foot or toes or cellulitis of abdominal wall, back, chest wall, groin, perineum, or umbilicus.

I'm not sure what LCD you are looking at but LCD L34199 (Noridian) does list L84 as a supported primary diagnosis. Per this LCD there also needs a secondary diagnosis of pain in foot or toes or cellulitis of abdominal wall, back, chest wall, groin, perineum, or umbilicus.

Thank you so much! I was looking at the LCD from FCSO. It has changed a lot so I wasn't sure if the information I was looking at was accurate. Thank you again!