Wiki Pain Mgmt. & Physiatrist in office

JLuz

Best answers
The ortho office I bill for is bringing in a Pain Management doctor and Physiatrist to see patients once or twice a week. I am looking for any feedback regarding billing, coding, modifiers, that may help with the process. The office manager and I are going to be responsible for making sure reimbursement gets off to a good start, and we are wondering if anyone has this similar situation in office, and could point out any common issues with coding, use of modifiers , etc. for pain management and physiatry procedures.

The ortho office I bill for is bringing in a Pain Management doctor and Physiatrist to see patients once or twice a week. I am looking for any feedback regarding billing, coding, modifiers, that may help with the process. The office manager and I are going to be responsible for making sure reimbursement gets off to a good start, and we are wondering if anyone has this similar situation in office, and could point out any common issues with coding, use of modifiers , etc. for pain management and physiatry procedures.

I would assume that these docs will be doing facet and epidural injections and maybe accupuncture as well? My first advise would be to pull all the pain management policies from each carrier and start there. Did the office give you any ideas as to what they'll be doing?