Wiki Pain Managment Sacrococcygeal joint injection

Best answers
Could someone help me out with this procedure.

Dr. states that he did a Sacrococcygeal joint injection and he stated that it was not a Sacroiliac joint injection.

Op report reads.
Entry level was selected for the sacrococcygeal joint with fluoroscopic guidance. Superficial tissues were anesthetized with lidocaine. Utilizing a 1 1/2 inch 25 gauge needle, access to the sacrococcygeal joint was obtained. Following negative aspiration fro blood or cerebrospinal fluid 3 ml of 1% lidocaine along with 40 mg of Kenalog was administered.

He is saying not 27096 so would I be right with using 64475?

Thanks
Kimberly

Hey MBORT,

It is saying that the entry point is the sacrococcygeal joint. Would you know the correct code to use?

Thanks
Kim

Sacrococcygeal joint injection

Does anyone know for sure what procedure code to use for this procedure 20605 is for medium joint.

The entry point of the procedure was the sacrococcygeal area.

Please help.

Thanks
Kim

Mbort,

Even if it is the Sacrococcygeal joint I would use 20605 and not 20610, the DX is Sacral pian and Coccydynia and under the Encoder it does not refer to the Sacral joint????

Thanks again Kim

I have a provider using 20610 for a sacrococcygeal injection. Is this considered a large bursa or medium? THe previous posts are from 2007 and I'm wondering if anyone has learned anything new on these injections.