Wiki Outpatient Facility Coding Help

Best answers
I have had my CPC for about 4 years now but have been coding about 7 and I only have experience with professional coding for physicians and NPP's. I'm trying to gain more knowledge regarding outpatient facility coding to broaden by career but I am having trouble finding information regarding coding guidelines etc. for facility coding. I am totally clueless in this regard because like I said I only have professional billing experience, can someone please point me in the direction of where to find information or provide me with a how-to?? What codesets do most facilities use? Do they use ICD-9 and CPT books or a different code set?

I am looking for this kind of information as well. Specifically, I am looking for the differences in coding for a physician-based, in-office infusion/chemotherapy versus an outpatient, hospital-based infusion suite.

What are the differences in guidelines? Are there differences in what is billable/payable?

Are you referring to ED coding, a hospital clinic?

I'm referring to all outpatient hospital coding: ambulatory surgeries, outpatient, observation, and ED. I am totally clueless in this regard. I actually was hired by the hospital I interviewed with and they are going to be training me on this so I can take the CPC-H exam but I would like to show up my first day I little more prepared...:confused:

I have been billing O/P facility services for 15 years and have some materials that may be helpful to you, especially in E/M, E/D and wound care services. You can call me at 573-581-4765 or email.

Hi! I do billing & coding for an ASC. I can give you a lot of info. Here is my email address jdewitte74@gmail.com. email me & I'll help as much as I can.

There's to much to type on this forum. :)

hello, I am sorry to intrude into your post, I am a Medical Biller for Pain Management and Anesthesia, the doctor have created a surgical suite and I am having the worse time trying to understand the correct way to bill for the injections, multiple levels, use of machines and medications, can you help me please.

Thank you
Claudia.mdbilling@gmail.com