Wiki Orthpaedic specialty exam

HOWRU2DAY

Networker
Best answers
I am studying for the Orthopaedic specialty exam. I am able to pull the procedures from the note but am having a problem deciding if the procedure is bundled with another procedure. I know that there are edits but that would not be available during the exam. Does anyone know of any type of study guide that would go into detail about different procedures and what is included with them. I have bought the practice exams through the AAPC but am looking for more practice. If anyone knows of where I might be able to obtain some additional practice exams or perhaps a work book I would love to hear from you.

I am studying for the Orthopaedic specialty exam. I am able to pull the procedures from the note but am having a problem deciding if the procedure is bundled with another procedure. I know that there are edits but that would not be available during the exam. Does anyone know of any type of study guide that would go into detail about different procedures and what is included with them. I have bought the practice exams through the AAPC but am looking for more practice. If anyone knows of where I might be able to obtain some additional practice exams or perhaps a work book I would love to hear from you.
You don't need to worry about CCI edits in the exam. As you say, they are not available during the exam. You would go by your CPT book where it may say under a code, "do not use with CPT xxxxx".
You know you can take the 2 volumes of the orthopedic specialty reference book in to the exam don't you? I think they are Contexo publications but check on the AAPC website as to which books are allowed.