Wiki ORTHO EXPERTS HELP PLEASE

jamiepeters

Networker
Best answers
I am having a difficult time getting the correct CPT/ICD-10 codes for the procedure below. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Right foot medial talonavicular dislocation

This is an interesting injury.  I do not see subtalar involvement.  The talonavicular joint is medially dislocated (high grade subluxation) with subluxation of the calcaneocuboid joint as well.  I do not see any fractures associated with this.  The plan is closed reduction here in the ED followed but splint immobilization and NWB.  After PARQ conference was held she elected to proceed with attempts at closed reduction under conscious sedation.

Timeout was performed identifying the patient, the orthopaedic issue being addressed, and the anticipated procedure/correct extremity.  With the help of Dr. Walker and Mark Reed, etomidate was administered and once an adequate analgesic plane was reached, reduction maneuver began.  With the knee in flexion, longitudinal traction and an abduction force was applied centered over the Charcot joint.  No audible or palpable clunk was appreciated but the alignment of the foot was immediately improved.  A short leg posterior splint was applied.  She will go for post reduction CT scan of the R foot.