Wiki Optional reference for CANPC exam

Best answers
I am sitting for the CANPC exam next month and it states that I can have one optional reference of my choice. Does any one have any idea what is allowed for this? Of course, I have all my coding books along with the crosswalk, RVG guide, E&M worksheet and the 95/97 guidelines. I purchased the Illustated Coding and Billing for Anesthesia/Pain Medicine from Contexto - do you think this would be allowed? Or do you have other suggestions?

Any input would be appreciated. :)

Thank you,

Tracy Baxter CPC-A

i called the AAPC and asked them and they stated that as long as it is a published reference and is NOT on the list of non approved manuals then it is allowed.

Which crosswalk do you have? I am trying to figure out the correct crosswalk for the test.

When I took the CANPC exam I don't recall needing an additional reference book other than the ones you're allowed to have. I thought the most important book I had that day was the RVU guide. If you've done any anesthesia coding for a few years, I don't think you'll need any extra reference book.

Do you have the crosswalk book by the American Society of Anesthesia?

Kim

When I took the CANPC exam I don't recall needing an additional reference book other than the ones you're allowed to have. I thought the most important book I had that day was the RVU guide. If you've done any anesthesia coding for a few years, I don't think you'll need any extra reference book.

Do you have the crosswalk book by the American Society of Anesthesia?

Kim

I personally have experience in pain management and not anesthesia. I have ordered the surgical crosswalk by optumcoding and have the anesthesia crosswalk.