Wiki Opthalmoscopic examination? 1997 exam

Orthocoderpgu

True Blue
Best answers
In the 1997 E/M coding rules, under the Neuro Exam, it has a bullet under eyes for an opthalmoscopic examination. How do I know that this specific bullet was performed? I'm new to this specialty and need to know how to determine if this was done. Thanks.

Eye Exam

I am also in the throes of auditing multiple neuros and noticed this question was never addressed. We, here in compliance, are also debating this question. We've come up with the following, Eye exam should address the structure of the eye, cup to disc ratio, for example. This has nothing to do with the cranial nerve bullets.
As we like to put it, the body of the car vs the motor.

Please, please, I welcome your input as we are also looking for specific phraseology or acronyms pertaining to this component.

I am also in the throes of auditing multiple neuros and noticed this question was never addressed. We, here in compliance, are also debating this question. We've come up with the following, Eye exam should address the structure of the eye, cup to disc ratio, for example. This has nothing to do with the cranial nerve bullets.
As we like to put it, the body of the car vs the motor.

Please, please, I welcome your input as we are also looking for specific phraseology or acronyms pertaining to this component.

Here's a brief explanation...this site is one of my fav go-to resources for the neurology exam

http://www.neuroexam.com/neuroexam/content.php?p=17