Wiki Opioid Risk Tool

mjh1027

Networker
Best answers
Does anyone use HCPCS code G9584?? I use this for our worker's comp patients. Our MAs have a questionnaire they use every time our patients come in and I'm able to bill for it. However, I'm not sure how much I should be billing this code for as it is not in the fee schedule and/or has an RV. I don't want to get flagged for over billing this code. Any suggestions as to what I should do? This is for the state of Florida.

Thanks guys

Does anyone use HCPCS code G9584?? I use this for our worker's comp patients. Our MAs have a questionnaire they use every time our patients come in and I'm able to bill for it. However, I'm not sure how much I should be billing this code for as it is not in the fee schedule and/or has an RV. I don't want to get flagged for over billing this code. Any suggestions as to what I should do? This is for the state of Florida.

Thanks guys
This is a really great question and I appreciate your attention to being compliant. There is not alot of regulation with workers compensation billing and coding guidelines. Until there are more regulations, I believe it is compliant for your to bill this code as you see fit. It is pretty rare for work comp payers to deny a service because the fee is too high. I think I would just try to find a comparable code that does have a fee and bill it at 200%. The payer will definitely let you know if they don't like your fee. Vanessa

This is a really great question and I appreciate your attention to being compliant. There is not alot of regulation with workers compensation billing and coding guidelines. Until there are more regulations, I believe it is compliant for your to bill this code as you see fit. It is pretty rare for work comp payers to deny a service because the fee is too high. I think I would just try to find a comparable code that does have a fee and bill it at 200%. The payer will definitely let you know if they don't like your fee. Vanessa
Thank you so much for your help!!