Wiki Ophthalmology code ?

cpccoder2008

True Blue
Best answers
We have always used superbills for our ophthalomogy clinic and the doctor's would pretty much code it themselves. All i would do is change dx if needed. Now i will be getting just medical records and will have to code them myself. I have no problem picking eye e/m levels or minor/major procedures but i don't know how to code testing the perform. I know how to code Gonio, HVF, Fudus Photos but as far as the 76512- 76519 series i am stumped. Also the 92225 and 92226. My physician showed me how to code these but i am still confused on how to determine which one. I am looking for someone with hands on ophthalomogy coding expirence to PLEASE help me !!!!

Does your doc bill all of these codes for scans? For a scans...bill 76519 and 76519-26 - assuming you are billing for both eyes. For the ophthalmoscopies...the 92225 is for the intial service, 92226 is for any subsquent ones performed.

Yes i do the billing for physician's. I am really not sure what they are doing. I get an ophthalmolgy progress note and have to code straight from there. For a Gonio they will have the X box with numbers on each side and Goni written on top. For a HVF they will have HVF < wnl and sometimes numbers and other stuff written on side. They will aslo have stuff wrtten like
K< 43.5 x 45.25
46 x 45.50
A< 24 24
24 82

I don't know what that all means and i am trying to find out if it is a testing that is being done.