Wiki open exploration of ICD pulse generator

Best answers
I have an EP doc that believes there is a malfunction with the ICD pulse generator (multiple lead). Doc want to do "open exploration to inspect pulse generator". Any idea what CPT code one would use for this? I've been looking at this book for an hour!!!

I have an EP doc that believes there is a malfunction with the ICD pulse generator (multiple lead). Doc want to do "open exploration to inspect pulse generator". Any idea what CPT code one would use for this? I've been looking at this book for an hour!!!

There is no code for this scenario. Usually they will identify a problem by interrogation of the device to reveal lead malfunctions or generator ERI. It may be there is a breach of insulation of the lead which may be amenable to repair. If not, the lead can be replaced, either including removal of the damaged lead ,or just capping it and inserting a new one.
If your provider opens up the pocket(not much to see apart from the generator where issues would be difficult to identify just by looking) and looks around but doesn't do anything else, it's not really billable. He may use fluoro to look at the leads which could be billed if that's all that was done.
I don't know what else to suggest really.