Wiki Ohio Medicaid SLMB/QI1

stephsaylor30@yahoo.com

Networker
Local Chapter Officer
Best answers
Good afternoon. I'm listening to the OSMA Medicare Medicaid Update and the Medicaid presenters have me somewhat confused. I've always understood that patients eligible for SLMB, QI1-2, were not considered eligible for full Medicaid therefore they are responsible for cost sharing. The presenter said that providers shouldn't bill Medicaid for these beneficiaries since they aren't actually eligible unless we needed a denial for some reason but he also said we are not permitted to bill the beneficiary either. This is contrary to what I've always heard during these OSMA updates. The presenter also said we should have SLMB and QI1-2 patient sign a recipient waiver of liability at each visit in order to bill them? Another Medicaid presenter said there is a resource on CMS website that says no Medicaid beneficiary is legally allowed to be billed including SLMB but couldn't tell me where to find this information and I've not been able to find it either. What do you guys know about billing SLMB/QI-2 patients? Thanks in advance!