Wiki Official CPC Certification Study Guide versus CPC Online Practice Exam

perkinsg

New
Best answers
I want to buy something to help me prepare for the CPC exam. I was looking at the material AAPC offers and I don't know which one would be better for me. The Study guide and the online practices are about the same price. The study guide I can have forever and even sale it after the exam and get my money back, but the online exam practice is just online and just valid for 6 months. Looking for another point of view I know the online practice simulate the questions in the exam, but what about the questions in the end of the chapter and in the end of the book of the study guide? Are they in the same level as the questions in the real exam? Do they come with the answers and the rationale?
I don't want to purchase both materials and would like to decide for just one.
I already had classes in terminology, anatomy and physiology. I didn't pass the exam in my first try because I didn't have time to read all the questions I think. My score was 68%, if I had done right 3 more questions I would have the 70% necessary to pass. I plan to retake the exam in about 2 months and I need something that get me straight to the point because I don't have too much time to study. I appreciate the advices!

I failed my exam recently too and I was wondering whether to get the practice test or the study guide. So it seem like the practice exams are helpful. I wanted to know if the study guide would be helpful too.

I have taken (and passed) both the CPC and CPC-H exams. I found BOTH the AAPC study guide, AND the online exams to be very helpful. I know it is an expense, but I think the end result is worth it. Speaking from my own experience, I found practice, and more practice to be the key. It gets both your knowledge and speed up. Study the CPT and ICD-9 guidelines extensively, so you know them inside and out. In addition, I found strategy to be important. I concentrated on narrowing down the correct CPT code in each question, and found I often didn't need to even look at the ICD-9 codes. If you look at every single code in every answer, you just won't have time. I hope this was helpful.

I purchased both and passed my first time! Found the online exams to be more like the real thing plus it is timed. But I would recommend them both! Good Luck