Wiki Official CPC Certification Study Guide and different editions

Best answers
Has anyone seen both the Official CPC Certification Study Guide, 3rd edition (2013), and the 4th edition (2014)? I will be taking my CPC exam after the first part of 2014 and am wondering how much difference there is between the two books? Is it necessary to buy the new version, or will there only be a few changes?

Also, I have been noticing that a few of the chapter questions (that I've seen thus far) are not specifically covered in the chapter as I would have expected. Did anyone else notice the same thing? I just assumed that the questions would be based on the information covered in that chapter.

I have just taken my CPC on Nov 9. I have been coding for years but wanted to get certified. I took an AAPC instructor class with an AAPC CPC to be honest we did the majority of our work out of the CPT and ICD9 books. I hardly even cracked my aapc study guide. Know the anatomy but KNOW THE GUIDELINES. Do not be overwhelmed by all the wording. That is what my instructor told us and she was so right... know the guidelines. take the online practice exams.

Congrats on passing the exam! And thank you for pointing out the importance of knowing the guidelines. I also find the study guide to be helpful and am just wondering how different 2013 version is from 2014. Does anyone know?

study guide 2013

I too found that some of the questions were not covered in the study guide but it was helpful for review. I have not seen the 2014 edition.