Wiki Office Visit for Chemo Admin

Robert5131

Best answers
Hello All, I have a question. I have a question regarding billing an office visit for Chemo administration. We usually have patients receiving chemotherapy in our office ranging from 3-8 hours at a time. I was wondering if we can charge their insurance an office visit. They do not physically see the Doctor inside of an exam room. There is always a Doctor present to monitor them but there is not a separate examination inside of a room. Thank you for your help.

Robert.

No you charge only the chemo admin codes, these codes include as a part of the service the complexity including the monitoring. There is no justification for a separate E&M and you have not met the criteria to be able to append the 25 modifier.

No you charge only the chemo admin codes, these codes include as a part of the service the complexity including the monitoring. There is no justification for a separate E&M and you have not met the criteria to be able to append the 25 modifier.

Thank you very much Mitchell. I clicked on the scale which I believe adds to your reputation.