Wiki office visit, echo and ekg

tdnguyentx

Best answers
Hello all, I am new with cardiology coding - can someone please clarify?
my cardiologist often does an echo, ekg and an office visit. all in one office visit.
for this I have been billing for an office visit (example follow up visit) cpt 99214- Modifier 25
, 93000, and 93306 together. Everything is being done in a single office and interpret by a single cardiologist. Is this correct?

Thank you
Nguyen

Just making sure I understand here. Does your physician own the echo equipment? Is he performing and interpreting? If so, 93306 (in office) is correct, however, if he is only interpreting ("interpret by a single cardiologist"), then I would bill 93306-26.

You can bill 99214-25 as long as the procedure (echo) was not already planned.

Thank you Julie. .you are correct. he owns the echo and is doing in his office and interprets the results also. I am not clear what do you mean by as long it is not planned. Thank you again for your time.. TNguyen

As long as the echo was not planned to be done on a different DOS/encounter.

Sometimes in our office a patient comes in for follow-up but with current problems/symptoms and they can't always get a procedure on the same day, so our physician will have him/her scheduled to come back forthe procedure only. We bill no addiitional E&M in this situation.

Got it Julie.. thank you very much you are correct. Just want to be sure I am right.. Have a great Holidays. .TNguyen