Wiki Office procedure documentation

gmccarty

New
Best answers
Does anyone have suggestions for any information related to documenting in office procedures for ophthalmology? I have a few doctors who use one line sentences stating what they performed and when insurance requests records, they are denying our charges. I am looking for anything that I can show them that explains what is required for charting the procedures.

Everything they do and order needs documentation: what you are ordering, what your performed and what the outcome is...You would need to be a little more specific as to what they are billing out that is not supported by documentation. Once I have that, I can provide you the backup. Feel free to email me off the forum.

Does anyone have suggestions for any information related to documenting in office procedures for ophthalmology? I have a few doctors who use one line sentences stating what they performed and when insurance requests records, they are denying our charges. I am looking for anything that I can show them that explains what is required for charting the procedures.