Wiki OCS Exam

ATAgirl

New
Best answers
I need to take this exam as a requirement in my work. Has anyone taken this exam, and if so, could you share your experience and pointers for review? Was the exam hard? Thank you.

I need to take this exam as a requirement in my work. Has anyone taken this exam, and if so, could you share your experience and pointers for review? Was the exam hard? Thank you.

I have taken it, and while it does not compare to the CPC exam, it does make you think! As long as you are familiar with Ophthalmology and how the codes interact (NCCIs, global periods, etc.,) you will do fine. If you can talk your employer into it, I would recommend purchasing the coding modules from AAOE - not cheap, but worth every penny! I'm looking to upgrade my set, since it was purchased in 2009.

Hope this helps.

David Keown, CPC, OCS

Thank you so much, David! I really appreciate it. Now, can you coach me? LOL!! I am new in this special field but really want to learn more and am very interested in ophthalmology.

I too have my OCS credential. The nice thing with the OCS is that it is done online and you can start and stop as much as you would like. I think they give you 10 days to complete it. I agree, the coding modules help a LOT. Many in our office are on the same years for renewal so we get them for the office and everyone takes turns taking the tests.