Wiki OB Locum Tenens Billing

jdibble

True Blue
Best answers
My supervisor has asked me to find out how we would handle coding and billing for a new OB Locum that is coming into our Hospitalist group...

The issue is this doctor is coming to us as a Locum from a Locum agency and will be a Locum for 3-4 weeks, after which time they will be an employee of the hospital. Our hospital is in the process of purchasing an OB group practice, which is not going to take place until the end of September. Technically, the Locum is not filling in for a Hospitalist or doctor that is away or out, but is filling in for herself until the time she becomes an employee of our Hospitalist group and the contract has finalized with the OB group. I believe we need the Locum to fill in the area that has been vacated by one of the OB docs that is not staying with the group when they switch to the hospital.

Hopefully this makes sense to someone - because this has totally confused me! Can someone tell me how we would bill for the Locum's services during this time period! Any help with this or direction as to where I can find this information would be greatly appreciated.:)