Wiki OB Help!!

karey

Networker
Best answers
I have 3 Midwives that Transferred to our Group in March. Most of their patients from their other practice followed them for their care. I am billing out their Antepartum visits and am a little confused.

1. All of the deliveries were billed as Delivery only and I am wondering if they should've been billed as Delivery and PP since we saw them in the hospital after the delivery???
2. Do I bill the initial date of admission if it is not the day the patient delivered? (ex: admitted on the 12th yet delivered on the 13th)
3. If their is any sort of problem I would use that dx instead of any "V" code correct?

you should bill the delivery/pp as one charge if your doctors/np's provided the delivery and the pp.
the antepartum visits should be billed up to but not including 24 within time of admission, and you should use the dx v22.0, v22.1 only if they were normal visits. If they were complicated then those visits get billed with that dx. most of the time providers will count the number of visits and bill -----example 4-6 visits 59425, or 7 or more visits 59426.