Wiki OB Diagnosis question.

dscham

Contributor
Best answers
I am a farely new ER coder and would like to know what is the proper dx to code if a patient comes in say 2 weeks after delivery? What would it be for a normal pregnancy and for a C Section? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Hi. Thanks for responding. Say they come in for cold not related to pregnancy what would the code be history of normal delivery and for c section. The other scenario would be say they have an infection due to there c section. I really appreciate your help on this!

Hi. Thanks for responding. Say they come in for cold not related to pregnancy what would the code be history of normal delivery and for c section. The other scenario would be say they have an infection due to there c section. I really appreciate your help on this!
There isn't a code for history of normal delivery. If the patient had a cold they wouldn't go to the ER hopefully..... it's hardly an emergency situation. If they did you would just code the cold.
If, on the other hand they had an infection of the c-section wound, then it would be 674.34. If it was a pelvic infection following delivery, either vaginal or c-section, it would be 670.0-670.8 with 5th digit 4