Wiki OB CODING quetion

juliemoser

Best answers
I have a patient that is 22 weeks pregnant seeing a new md for care. she is high risk after a mva and just moved to our area. how do you code the ov and delivery since theother physician in another town billed for ob global? I am new to coding OB and appreciate any help !!

If the patient is going to deliver with your doc then the other doc should be billing fee for service charges not the global.

I have a patient that is 22 weeks pregnant seeing a new md for care. she is high risk after a mva and just moved to our area. how do you code the ov and delivery since theother physician in another town billed for ob global? I am new to coding OB and appreciate any help !!

If the patient has not delivered, the other physician should not have billed OB global yet. Different payers want this type of service billed differently so check with your payer to be sure. The other provider should either report the appropriate Antepartum care code with to and from dates to reflect the proper date range the patient was seen with that provider or bill his/her services as individual visits depending on the service provided and documented. There are many options for reporting the services that your physician will provide but you will need to wait until the patient delivers in order to report any type of global service. You can report any service that is not included in normal OB care at the time of service (ultrasounds, NST's, etc.).

Her other phyician should have only billed out visits they saw her for and you will be billing for global maternity pkg. If your dr did not open ob record for her first visit it can be coded as a problem visit and billed outside of global for the MVA..