Wiki Oats knee

cpccpma

Networker
Best answers
I am hoping someone can give me some help-my doc performed an open oats procedure on a pt who has Aetna insurance. Aenta has denied as experimental and will not pay. We are going to request a peer to peer and I would like to go in with as much ammo as humanly possible;). Has anyone appealed this procedure and won? Any info I could find somewhere that would help me plead my case? Thanks so much for any and all help! Have a great day! :)

I am hoping someone can give me some help-my doc performed an open oats procedure on a pt who has Aetna insurance. Aenta has denied as experimental and will not pay. We are going to request a peer to peer and I would like to go in with as much ammo as humanly possible;). Has anyone appealed this procedure and won? Any info I could find somewhere that would help me plead my case? Thanks so much for any and all help! Have a great day! :)

Take the Aetna policy on OATS and follow the reasonings that they give that would make it MEDICALLY NECESSARY and start there. Your doc will probably have to write a letter of medical necessity. It can be very diffucult. Go to the website:

www.aetna.com/cpb/medical/data/600_699/0637.html.

Let me know if you can't fins and I'll send it to you. Good luck!
Keith