Wiki Nursing Procedures

Does a provider have to be present or in the building for a nursing procedure to be billed?
In the office setting, yes, almost always. 'Incident to' rules (which would cover anything ordered by a provider as part of the care plan for the treatment of an illness) require direct supervision, so the physician must be in the building. The only procedures that fall outside of the 'incident to' requirements are a few preventive services such as immunizations.

That is what I thought. My providers were wondering if they could schedule nursing procedures on an afternoon when no providers would be there.

The phrase "nursing procedure" isn't specific enough to really tell you a firm answer, which is why we say things like "almost always."

It would be urology procedures: changing catheters, giving injections (Firmagon, Lupron, Eligard), bladder installations (BCG, Mitomycin).

It would be urology procedures: changing catheters, giving injections (Firmagon, Lupron, Eligard), bladder installations (BCG, Mitomycin).
These are procedures involving a significant amount of risk. Doing these types of things without direct supervision, in addition to not meeting the 'incident to' guidelines, could potentially put your providers in violation of the terms of their malpractice insurance as well as possibly put the nurses' licenses at risk. I would strongly recommend against this. It stuns me somewhat that they would even consider this.